Wendy Shalit began to write A Return to Modesty as an undergrad at Williams College, where she received her BA in Philosophy in 1997.
Shalit is also the author of The Good Girl Revolution: Young Rebels with Self-Esteem and High Standards. Her essays on literary and cultural topics have appeared in The Wall Street Journal, CNN.com, and other publications.
She has also debated her views on NPR, at the Oxford Union, and with her three lively and opinionated children.
- Is infidelity natural? Ask the apes (CNN.com)
- The ‘Babies’ Call to Arms (Wall Street Journal)
- Hookup Ink (National Association of Scholars)
- Delighting in Dust Bunnies (Wall Street Journal)
- Too Modest for TV: Girls Gone Mild? Not on ‘Dr. Phil’ (Wall Street Journal)
- Not Liberating, After All (Wall Street Journal)